LS6040- TCONTOURING PLEASE WAIT

Moderators: HPC, Daven

mickthemagpie

LS6040- TCONTOURING PLEASE WAIT

Post by mickthemagpie »

First time posting here so hope someone can help as i have an urgent job to do and i have no idea what to do to fix this.

When i send a job to the laser and select test the laser goes off the bed and this message 'TCONTOURING PLEASE WAIT' comes up then nothing happens. This started after i tried to run a job from a file that seemed to have something wrong with it. On opening the file in lasercut nothing appeared but when i highlighted the full bed the file appeared like magic! I have never seen that before either. Anyway i selected the part i needed to cut then the above happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Other than that the machine is great.
Tom

Re: LS6040- TCONTOURING PLEASE WAIT

Post by Tom »

HI Mick
will older files still work

Tom
mickthemagpie

Post by mickthemagpie »

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the same thing is happening with different files. Also i have tried a new file with just a rectangle and the same happens with that.

Mick
Tom

Post by Tom »

HI Mick
You could try download CFG that might do it but i would give HPC a call

Tom
Tom

Post by Tom »

Forgot too say delete all first then download cfg then try new file

Tom
mickthemagpie

Post by mickthemagpie »

Hi Tom, i followed your advice and this has stopped the head going off the bed when i cut a simple square. It started to cut the square in the correct place but stopped dead halfway round. Progress at least! Anything else you could suggest now?

Cheers.
Tom

Post by Tom »

If the head is going off the bed you need to datum your machine
I think your motherboard might need reflashing but you will have to give HPC a call for this and talk to Chris
It might only be a 2 min job but i can't go through it on a forum

Tom
mickthemagpie

Post by mickthemagpie »

Thanks for your efforts Tom. Its stopped going off the bed but only cut half the square when i tried it again. I'll speak to HPC tomorrow.

Cheers

Mick
bluestormsigns

Post by bluestormsigns »

hi, just wondering if you sorted the machine problem out, as mine is doing the same.
mickthemagpie

Post by mickthemagpie »

Haven't been in here for awhile but yes the machine stopped doing it . I think i did the following.-

Export the whole file and then open a new page. Import the file into this page. The drawing will now be separated into all of its individual parts. This can also show some lines that may not be visible on the original drawing. No idea why these invisible lines exist! If anything like that is there it can just be deleted. I then use the 'unite lines' function to restore the file back to the way i want for cutting the job. I then save the file by replacing the original.

This is the first procedure i go through if i have any glitches when i send something to the Laser and it doesn't work properly.

Obviously it's also a good way of amending drawings as it splits up the constituent parts of the drawing.

Mick