air and extraction upgrades?

Moderator: Admin

dutchboy

air and extraction upgrades?

Post by dutchboy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi,

Just interested anyone done or recommend upgrading the air assist and extraction. Currently looking at the larger capacity (ACO-300) version of the Hailea mini compressor that HPC supply. I am cutting quite a lot of 6mm ply and would ideally like to cut as quick and cleanly as possible and also minimise cleaning. Also feel the extraction could do with being more powerful to get the gases out as quick as possible. Any ideas/experiences? I did find an old thread about this but was from 2011 I think, so hopefully more people have tried this now?

thanks Ric

6090 80w

Daven

Re: air and extraction upgrades?

Post by Daven » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi Ric,
Yes on both accounts - there are a few posts about this back in time. I use a couple of small silent compressors (as silent as a compressor can be) by Triton and improving the extraction helps as well ;)

I have a larger version of the Hailea air pump - it does help a bit but is louder.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC

dutchboy

Post by dutchboy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Thanks Dave,

Good to know, from what I've read on here you are the laser Jedi master! I am on a budget and noise is an issue, so thats why I was looking at the Hailea pumps. Where did you get the Triton? Strongmans is out of stock, it's still quite a bit more that the Hailea. Worth it?!

Extraction wise what did you go for?

Thanks again

Daven

Post by Daven » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:47 pm

LOL - master I'm not. More powerful laser Jedi there are!

Yes strongman tools - I have two - the 20ltr and 35ltr (I think it is). I like to be able to control the airflow depending on what job I am doing so the compressor is better from that point of view. Also the break from the constant noise is nice! Yes I think it is worth it.

I use a normal inline extractor fan - VK150 in addition to the supplied fan but it will depend on you set (how long the run is and the size of the ducting etc). You need to keep the fan clean as well - mine get a full strip down every couple of months depending on what I have been doing.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC

dutchboy

Post by dutchboy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Brilliant thanks Dave. Think I will wait till the Titan's are back in stock (mid November) they look the best option for the money.

I stripped and cleaned the supplied extractor the other day and it had made it better, though I think that if I can boost that it will make the whole atmosphere cleaner and the residue build up less.

Ric

6090 80w